Monday, March 29, 2010

Everyone Loves a Box of Slippers

Leah visited me this weekend and was quite taken with our visitor slipper box. She told me I had to blog about this, so here it goes.

When we bought our house, we didn't want everyone tracking their cruddy city-grime shoes everywhere - but, I'm not too found of walking around in socks in someone's house. I will do it, but my feet get cold and I feel oddly undone. So, from the minute we signed the papers I started dreaming about having a box or basket with slippers so that visitors could have something comfy to wear around that was crud- and embarrassment-free.

I did some googling for awhile and had a hard time finding what I needed. Either it was going to be way too expensive to buy multiple pairs or way too cheap and inappropriate (think disposable pedicure thong slippers).

Then I found these. They are "comfort pedic" (a temper pedic-esque slipper) and apparently "as seen on tv". I bought them from a guy on ebay for less than $5 a pair. At the time he offered a lot of 8 new slippers and you could mix and match the sizes. I got 4 medium and 4 large. They are very cushy and nicely gender neutral.

They are also a huge hit. Initially people are taken aback by the slipper offer, but most people jump right in.

We store them in one of these boxes (the biggest one) from The Container Store.

Every once and awhile I spritz the slippers with an anti-bacterial spray to keep everything germ free. For what's it's worth - I use Clean Green spray because it's environmentally friendly and kid friendly.

Let the slipper revolution begin!

1 comment:

  1. These slippers literally revolutionized my trip to Karley's house. It was a cold, wet weekend. There was snow in the morning! Her floors get COLD. I just kept making myself lots of tea to stay warm. In the evening, I sheepishly asked for extra socks. That's when I was introduced to the slipper box. Apparently it's been there for years. Those slippers are COMFY and my cold feet immediately went away. THANK YOU SLIPPER BOX!

    ReplyDelete